Thursday, March 3, 2016

Mistakes that I learnt from !


Another Friday, another week gone!

It's  4th week since I quit smoke. Feels good.

Need to adopt simple living and continue to learn about finance & how to make right investments  for future.

It's full week of being alone, am not getting desperate like I used after 2-3 days, earlier.

Thought it would be interesting to list down some glaring mistakes in past from which I  have learnt a lot.


  • Buying a super luxury bed ( for my standards) costing in excess of half lac, 6 years ago.
    • Do I get better sleep or has  my standard of sleep improved
      • Am not so sure 
  • Car Purchase - There was no need for a car that big. 
    • Waste of money, could have bought smaller vehicle & invested rest of money,
  • Purchase of House:
    • This is big one, bought this due to pressures from multiple angles.
    • Super waste of effort and time in maintaining it when am not living there
    • Planning to sell it soon.
  • Bigger rented houses:
    • For some reason, have been living in big rented houses  for some time now, even current one is far bigger than our needs. 
    • Need to reduce it when move to next one. Usually have lived in a place around 2.5 years on an average
    • Moving helps to reduce clutter.
  • Taking term insurance very very late
I think that's enough for you to get started with yours!








No comments:

Post a Comment